Added features and modifications for REM/Rate™ v15.1 include:
- Updates for DOE ZERH program per the Nov2015 changes
- Update Federal minimum water heater EF values to match the version of NAECA effective as of Apr2015
- Added new report datum: DHW Load without standby tank losses. Is found on the Analysis Pane and
the Performance Summary, underneath REM's existing DHW Load value, which has always included tank standby
losses. The new value helps in observing the effects of the new Hot Water features in the DHW Efficiencies
- Refined the reporting for DHW Efficiencies values in the Building File Report, to clearly show what is
in the AsIs vs Design vs Reference buildings.
- Like v14.6.2: Updated 45L EPACT Tax Credit report to new expiration date.
- Like v14.6.2: Fixed crawlspace Reference Home bug (going back to v14.6) in all IECC-based codes. Now, when
the crawlspace Thermal Boundary is set to Default, REM correctly assigns an insulated Reference Home U-value
for either the crawl wall or floor above crawl.
Bugs in v15.0 that were fixed in v15.1 include:
- Two subtle bugs are fixed in HERS Index calculations related to the new hot water features. One fixes the
DWHR energy load calculation, so now the HERS Index responds more strongly. The other fix affects consumption
in the nMEUL calculation for recirculating DHW systems, thereby increasing the HERS Index response.
- Bug in whole-MF building calculations for clothes washer energy consumption fixed.
Changes for specific versions
- Updates to UDC Reference Home for 2016; also fixed Finished Floor bug that affected other IECC-based
codes. Removed HERS Index and Tax Credit status from FOE report, to allow use when houses are not HERS
Rated. Revised print permissions accordingly.